Man’s life saved by Rottweiler who opened the door to paramedics as he lay unconscious

3-year-old Megan the Rottweiler has been hailed as a hero dog after she managed to open the door for ER paramedics while her owner lay unconscious on the floor.

Man’s life saved by Rottweiler who opened the door to paramedics as he lay unconscious

The owner of the dog, 32-year-old Gary Gregory, who lives in Felixstowe, Suffolk, suddenly felt ill.

He managed to call an ambulance before he passed out and fell down.

Gary had undergone an endoscopy of his gallbladder in the hospital due to the presence of stones in it, and when he arrived home, he felt unwell.

The next morning, he began to bleed internally, and it was because of it that he lost consciousness.

Man’s life saved by Rottweiler who opened the door to paramedics as he lay unconscious

When the ambulance arrived at the house, the paramedics could not get into the house, as the door was closed.

But they heard a big dog jumping inside right at the front door and at first they thought that it was an aggressive dog, and he wanted to scare them.

In fact, when the paramedics arrived at the front door, Megan heard them and took action.

She ran to the front door and began to try to open it, trying to turn the handle.

The fact is that Gary and his friend Sean had previously taught Megan to press the inside door handle in such a way that they could unlock the common lock and enter the house.

They did this in case one of them forgot the keys at home one day.

Man’s life saved by Rottweiler who opened the door to paramedics as he lay unconscious

There were also other dogs in the house: black Labrador Heidi and pug Hugo.

When Gary passed out, Heidi and Hugo licked the man’s face in an attempt to revive him.

Megan jumped several times at the door, and she finally managed to press the handle and open the doors and let the paramedics inside.

As it turned out, just in time, if the doctors had come to Gary a little later, due to severe internal bleeding, the man would have died.

“They thought that the dog was jumping at the door to scare them away, but in fact, she was trying to let people in. Megan understood that I was in big trouble,” Gary Gregory later said.

“When they realized this, they were shocked, because they already wanted to ask the police to break down the door, which would have been too late for me.”

Man’s life saved by Rottweiler who opened the door to paramedics as he lay unconscious

After Gary fell to the floor, he woke up several times, but was too weak to get up.

He remembered calling his friend Sean on the phone to tell him that he loved him and how Heidi and Hugo licked his face.

Then he remembers how he woke up already in the hospital.

“People often say bad things about Rottweilers, but Megan is just a gentle giant. I am very grateful to her, there is no doubt that she saved my life.”

Doctors found out that Gary suffered from a sloppy endoscopy procedure.

Doctors managed to stop the bleeding and now the man is waiting for an operation to remove gallstones.

“Megan’s act showed once again that dogs can feel when something bad happens to their owners, and they want to help them. As long as Megan is next to us, I am sure that everything will be fine with us,” says Gary.